Tuesday, June 4, 2013
PDP Moves To Nail Governor Amaechi
Gov. Rotimi Amaechi
By SaharaReporters, New York
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced moves capable of driving the Governor of Rivers State and chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, into the welcome arms of the opposition, as the National Working Committee (NWC) today set up a committee to investigate the governor.
Calling for memoranda, the Facts-Finding Committee on the alleged Violations and Breaches of the PDP Constitution in the Rivers State Chapter said it would into allegations of anti-party activities leveled against Governor Amaechi and any other member of the State Chapter, and determine his role and the extent of his involvement in the violations and breaches of the party constitution.
While such memoranda must be received within seven days, the committee has 30 days in which to submit the report.
Governor Amaechi’s problems in Rivers State are thought to be the result of his refusal to yield the position of chairman of the NGF, which is crucial in national elections, to President Jonathan. The PDP normally ignores all administrative and ethical lapses on the part of its governors.
The political offensive against Amaechi comes at a time it is capable of benefiting opposition groups, especially the All Progressives Congress, which stands ready to welcome disaffected high-level PDP escapees.
Full text of the notice:
FACTS- FINDING COMMITTEE ON THE VIOLATIONS AND BREACHES OF THE PDP CONSTITUTION IN RIVERS STATE PDP
CALL FOR MEMORANDA
The Facts-Finding Committee on the alleged Violations and Breaches of the PDP Constitution in the Rivers State Chapter set up by the National Working Committee of the Party, has since commenced work.
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are:
1. To look into the allegations of anti-party activities leveled against His Excellency, Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and any other member of the Rivers State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party;
2. To determine the roles played, and the extent of involvement of Governor Rotimi Amaechi or any other party member acting independently or on his behalf in the violations and breaches of the party Constitution and make appropriate recommendations;
3. To receive and consider any documentary evidence or take oral testimonies from willing members of the PDP in proof or in defense of all or any of the allegations;
4. To make other recommendations that in the opinion of the Committee would help to stop or minimize further violations of the Party Constitution and reposition Rivers State PDP for greater successes in the future.
5. To do any other thing or take any other step that is incidental to or conducive to the attainment of the Terms of Reference and or in the overall interest of the Party.
The Committee shall submit its recommendations to the NWC within 30 days from the date of appointment.
The Committee hereby invites memoranda from interested members of the Party in Rivers State to reach the Committee Secretary within 7 days from the date of this publication. The memoranda should be properly addressed and signed.
The memoranda should be sent to:
Facts- Finding Committee on the alleged Violations and
Breaches of the PDP Constitution in Rivers State Chapter
C/o PDP National Secretariat
Plot 1970 Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
email:okoroanichos @ yahoo.com