Friday, June 21, 2013

Gov Fashola stops aides from organising elaborate 50th birthday party

Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola will turn 50 on June 28th. His aides were planning an elaborate 50th birthday party but he asked them to stop. He doesn't want to have an elaborate birthday at tax payers expense. I love my governor. Read what he told City People below:

"By nature I am not a ceremonious person. I don't like all the noise and partying. When I saw all the plans going on for my 50th, I said no. If this is my day, then those who really love me should allow me do it the way I want to. I have told my aides how I feel about this whole 50th birthday celebration. I asked them if governors in other countries don't have their birthdays and is it usually in such a loud way and manner? If I do it my own way it won't cost me that much to receive my visitors. I funded my 40th birthday when I was Chief of Staff and it cost me so much. I am not quite sure I can do the same now. As a Governor, it will cost me more. I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money on parties. And to tell you the truth, the idea that probably I will have a birthday at tax payers expense is something that does not go down well with me, and it's only for 24 hours. So I am going to have a very quiet and simple day with close friends and family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads