Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ibinabo Fiberesima sets up foundation for families of accident victims



The actress and Actors Guild of Nigeria president was involved in a car accident in 2006 which led to the death of a medical doctor. She hit his car along the Lekki/Epe Expressway in Lagos. She was sentenced to five years imprisonment for manslaughter in 2009 but only spent a few months there. She came out of prison a completely changed woman, bidding farewell to alcohol, cigarettes and partying. The single mother of three who is now a born again Christian is setting up a foundation to cater for the welfare of families of accident victims. Ibinabo explains:

“I do have a foundation which I’m setting up. In 2006, I had an accident and a medical doctor, Mr. Suraj Giwa died in the process. A lot of things went wrong, I was sent to jail because of the accident.
It is quite painful, it’s taking me this long because I needed to find myself again. The foundation is going to be for the families of accident victims. I’m going to get people to talk to them and to heal their wounds. What I went through, I was healed by the grace of God.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads